- Hydrate! Drink 2 glasses of water within 10 minutes of waking up and then drink plenty of water throughout the day. Buy a large water bottle and carry it with you wherever you go. Ideally you want to drink at least 2 litres each day.
- Eat only what is natural, not what is man made or from a packet. If there are more than 5 ingredients on the label or if you do not recognise the ingredients listed the food is most likely processed – PUT IT DOWN.
- Alkalise! 80% alkaline foods RAW, uncooked, when they are still packed with nutrients
- Eliminate soft drinks completely! Cut down on coffee and alcohol as much as possible. Drink herbal teas and water infused with lemon or lime (or both!)
- Avoid WHITE bread, white pasta, etc. They are processed carbohydrates and yoru body reacts to them like pure sugar. Ideally if you can cut out wheat / gluten altogether that would be great!
- Cut down on dairy! You will get more calcium from vegetables, especially leafy greens. Try almond milk, rice milk and coconut milk as substitutes.
- Reduce your consumption of red meat to 3-4 times per week. Eat fresh seafood and find some vegetarian meals you enjoy.
- Eat ORGANIC as much as possible. Shop at farmers markets for quality produce and to support your local economy.
- By a juicer (or thermomix) and actually USE IT! Green vegetable juices / smoothies SAVES LIVES! Make them part of your morning routine. Example: Spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley, carrot, beetroot, ginger and apples for sweetness. One of my favourite combinations is: Pear, Apple, Banana, Baby Spinach, Cup Ice & 2 Cups Water. I blend this up for 2 minutes.